#Viral Hymn "Heyr himna smiður" is Heavenly Beauty composed in #Iceland in 1208 now sung in a Train Station! SHARE

Beautiful Hymn composed around 1208 in Iceland to God. Heyr himna smiður is a Hymn composed by Kolbeinn Tumason a chieftain of the clan Ásbyrningar around 1200 - 1208. The Video version below at the Train Station received over 5 Million Views!
SHARE this amazing Tribute to God from over 800 years ago!
Icelandic

Heyr himna smiður

Heyr, himna smiður,
hvers skáldið biður.
Komi mjúk til mín
miskunnin þín.
Því heit eg á þig,
þú hefur skaptan mig.
Eg er þrællinn þinn,
þú ert drottinn minn.
Guð, heit eg á þig,
að þú græðir mig.
Minnst þú, mildingur, mín,
mest þurfum þín.
Ryð þú, röðla gramur,
ríklyndur og framur,
hölds hverri sorg
úr hjartaborg.
Gæt þú, mildingur, mín,
mest þurfum þín,
helzt hverja stund
á hölda grund.
Send þú, meyjar mögur,
málsefnin fögur,
öll er hjálp af þér,
í hjarta mér.

Hear, Heavenly Creator*

Listen, smith of the heavens,
what the poet asks.
May softly come unto me
your mercy.
So I call on thee,
for you have created me.
I am thy slave,
you are my Lord.
God, I call on thee to heal me.
Remember me, mild one1,
Most we need thee.
Drive out, O king of suns,
generous and great,
every human sorrow
from the city of the heart.
Watch over me, mild one,
Most we need thee,
truly every moment
in the world of men.
send us, son of the virgin,
good causes,
all aid is from thee,
in my heart.

Comments